Like me, you probably have a list of things that you’d like to do around your house. Maybe its an upgrade, an organizational task or a redecorating activity. I frequently feel as though my list only grows longer. At times I feel pretty overwhelmed about the list.
So I decided to share my journey of marking things off the list with you. My hope is that because I have an audience I may feel more pressure to get things accomplished. The listÂ is a mix of some larger projects and small organizational jobs and it is not prioritized.
As I complete each task, I’ll be sure to explain it in more detail and show a before and after.
Let’s have a look at the list-
1.Â Properly accessorize master bath
2.Â Properly accessorize hall bath
3.Â Have gas logs installed
4.Â Purchase and install new exterior doors
5.Â Have gutters installed
6.Â Trim overgrown camelias in side yard
7.Â Install wooden fence inÂ backyard
8.Â Grow grass in theÂ backyard
9.Â Install edging around perennial planting beds
10. Find large photograph for hall
11. Purchase new sheets for master
12. Purchase rug for sitting room
13. Reupholster floral club chairs
14. Frame mushroom botanical plate
15. Hang botanical plates in hall bath
16. Organize basement closet
17. Organize outdoor utility room
18. Have pillows made for sofa
19. Have sofa professionally cleaned
20. Purchase accent table for living room
21. Purchase petite chest of drawers for closet
22. Frame DC’s newborn foot prints and hang in hall
23. Find DC a big girl bed
24. UpgradeÂ fixtures in master bath
25. Upgrade showerÂ fixtures in hall bath
26. Get West Elm rug dry cleaned
27. Hang shelf on screen porch, accessorize
28. Have new door constructed for outside utility space
29. Cover basement steps in finish material
30. HaveÂ kid’s Thonet chairs stripped (2)
31. Rip out and re-tile master shower floor
32. Finish long Schumacher pillow
I have to admit after I finished making this list, theÂ end product is pretty intimidating. Nothing to do but dive in and take it one step at a time. How does your list look comparatively? Anything look familiar?Thanks for playing,
And now a quick word from our sponsors!
SHOP OUR VIBES:
24,25,31? Weren’t all of these part of your renovation?
I am so glad someone else’s list looks a lot like mine! We are in it together!
Amanda-At the point in the renovation when I chose the fixtures I didn’t know I would live there and the tile job on the shower floor is subpar.
i really can’t tell you how much better it makes me feel to see your list! if i bothered to write mine out, i know it would be very similar. this is something i should have done by now…maybe it would make me feel less overwhelmed b/c i could see everything? thanks for sharing!
Amazing to think that if I did one thing per week it would take me 1/2 a year to do it all!
I love lists. Sometimes I break things down into even sub points just so I can scratch things off. Otherwise it feels like drowning.