Rearranging, restructuring and reframing–all things going on at the Indiana project this week. Â We met our interior demolition goal last week meaning–we finished demo in one week with the exception of the screened porch that will be framed in to become the laundry/mudroom.
A surprising and very positive discovery was made last week. We pulled a portion of the vinyl siding off and discovered cedar shakes underneath! This is fantastic for the budget and the appearance of the house. Â It is painted a boring gray color but that can be fixed. Â For some reason I didn’t think to take a picture of this discovery but I’ll get one up.
Where we are now…
Before-Two separate closets in an upstairs bedroom
After-Two closets become one, the little door in the middle will be the access door for HVAC duct
After-The upstairs bath has been completely gutted. The original construction of the floor joists was not ample to handle the load it was carrying.
Before-Downstairs hallway, entrance in to master bedroom
After- new doorway to master bedroom, bathroom door and door to extra room downstairs eliminated
Before-Looking towards front windows in master bedroom
After-Standing in new master bath, looking through future walk-in closet to front windows in master bedroom
Before-Looking towards upstairs hall closet/attic space
After-This area upstairs used to be an awkward attic closet. In the future it will house built in bookshelves and cabinet storage. The space will hopefully be large enough to accommodate a reading chair.
Before-Dormer in upstairs bedroom
After-Two tiny closets were on either side of this window. Neither one could hold adult clothing. The dormer and the closets were demolished. The window will be eliminated and it will become a larger closet.
Thanks for playing,
And now a quick word from our sponsors!
The Estate of Things recently set up shop at the MART Collective in Venice, CA. Come by and see us!