Kate and I did some shopping this weekend. She has been in a bit of pattern paralysis since we last did a little decorating at her pad. We’re trying to put our finger on the right new look for her. Her patterns need an update, but I think she’s feeling stuck because she’s shifting away from her previous style, and into something new that we haven’t yet identified. You can see some old teals and chevron above, she is ready for that to go away.
After she found a new throw and a seriously eighties / Kelly Wearstler-esque abstract fabric that she loved, we’ve honed in on a palette that is a bit more rich and less twee than her previous pinks, corals and soft greys. She’s feeling bolder and using words like jewel tones and watercolors… so I’ve pulled together this new design board to see what she thinks, and to see if there is any way I can make these jewel tone watercolor thoughts make sense with her existing yellow silk curtains and soft grey sofa.
Just for a some comparison… here is this new design board by the old one… Let me know if you have any ideas!
For Kate, my suggestions are as follows
- Throw pillow in your new fabric from JoAnn’s with this watercolor peacock pillow from World Market you loved with this wine colored velvet pillow from H&M
- Watercolor art from Society6, here and here
- Reupholster that little midcentury stool in a hair on hide or black and white kilim
- Flokati rug to warm up the space
- Paint your door a deep purple… It’s a big deal but could be the statement that you need in that room.
Thanks for playing,
And now a quick word from our sponsors!
SHOP OUR VIBES: