Yesterday I snuck into Kate’s house while she was away at work. I was there to walk her little funny face dog, but while I was there, I couldn’t help but zhush the space up a bit and snap a few pics, because lo and behold – homegirl took that advice from the previous Kate’s Cottage Re-Do plan that I had blogged earlier. The apartment feels nice and as Sarah put it, “slightly more glamorous and quiet” than planned. It’s true, and it is in a good way. Here is a check-in.
Now, don’t get too bored with me. This is not a professional photo shoot job, I was just lurking around with my iPhone. But it felt sweet inside on this cloudy Brentwood day, and I wanted to share our progress with you. There are still a few things to do before we call in Tessa Neustadt for the after shots.
- Get some better hanging hardware for those curtains. I suggest these.
- Find the right fabrics to update the pillows and dining chairs.
- Grab a fun and moody rug for layering atop the jute area rug.
- Find some art for that large open frame and a piece (how about a textile) for the wall closer to the door.
- Add some life with some plants.
I’ve been leaning more and more towards the color combo of Coral and Olive for Kate’s Cottage projects. Here is a little inspiration from the webz. How do we like the softer palette?
Copper Pendant paired with Olive Pouchard Stools
Thanks for playing,
And now a quick word from our sponsors!
The Estate of Things recently set up shop at the MART Collective in Venice, CA. Come by and see us!