Its been almost four months since we discovered that the site had been hacked and I wrote a real post. When Betsy told me that we would have to basically dismantle the blog I was almost nine months pregnant and feeling pretty overwhelmed and emotional. I mourned the loss of Teot for a couple of days and started to adjust to the idea that it might not ever be rebuilt. A week or so after Betsy took the blog down we got a chance to discuss it on the telephone and as Betsy usually does she eased my mind and with the help of some of her friends in CA she cleaned Teot up and got her up and running again…and here I am.
Since November a couple of things happened, the biggest being I had a baby! This is our second child and our second little girl…we’ll call her Laney.
Laney came fast and furious in the middle of the night on November 30th. Its a pretty cool birth story but I don’t want to go all Mommy on you so I’ll just be brief and say that her birth took one hour and 15 minutes from registration to birth. The labor and delivery nurses that didn’t even have time to introduce themselves to me said I should be the poster mom for giving birth.
Here is Laney today at two months old…
So we’ve been adjusting to having two children, doing the newborn sleepless thing, juggling our jobs and thinking about home improvement. Seems like one sentence doesn’t do this challenging time justice but some of you out there know what I’m talking about.
What’s been going on while Teot has been out of commission? Well…
I finished a bathroom remodel in December at the May project. The finished product will require its own dedicated post. But the before images are here and my pinboard for the project is here. Here’s a tiny peek,
We’ve also been making some headway on a couple of projects around our house,
The nursery is a pretty big deal, my plan for the room is here. I’m almost there and I did end up buying the Rubie Green East Village fabric for the bumper and bench cushion. Here is evidence of progress,
Dan got the gallery wall going in the upstairs hallway–almost complete. You can see the remnants of the brown paper templates I used to arrange the gallery. I cut out the shapes of all of the frames I have now and then labeled the brown paper and then taped them up to arrange them. The silver plate covers an electrical box for a sconce that the previous owner of the house took with her.
And my Dad and Dan installed a new toilet in the upstairs bathroom in about two hours. I’m pretty proud of them. The toilet that was there was original to the house which means that it was 80 years old and running every time we used it and using six gallons of water every time it was flushed. Now we have a brand spankin’ new potty, a Kohler Memoirs in classic white. Great style and only uses 1.5 gallons in each flush, yes!
And I’m not done yet…we ordered these sconces for the living room, install begins Wednesday. Let there be light!
It feels good to be back.Thanks for playing,
And now a quick word from our sponsors!
SHOP OUR VIBES: