For a hot minute when we were house hunting last year I thought I might fancy an untouched 1960s ranch style home on a lake. My dream is to renovate a rancher and on a lake—even sweeter. Anyone would want their very own lake house after reading Thom Filicia’s book, American Beauty, right?
I fantasized about gutting the place and turning it in to my own slice of lake house heaven but then reality set back in and I quickly realized that lakefront property even though completely dated and lacking in charm, carried an unreasonable lakefront price tag and that possibility was eliminated.
As summer carries on and we retreat to the water whether it be a pool, lake or river, let’s indulge and decorate the lake house in our minds.
1. An x-base accent table
2. Vintage pottery to accessorize
3. Thom uses the Theodore lamp from Arteriors in his lakeside living room
4. A chunky coffee table
5. Thom’s Weedsport upholstered chair for Vanguard
6. A go anywhere pouf the Seagrass cube
7. Get the pillow mix started with Alan Campbell’s petite zig zag
8. A great base, durable and right for any interior a seagrass rug w/black border
9. Layer Thom’s ikat rug over the seagrass
10. mood lighting with these lanterns
11. Pretty pair of Chiang Mai throw pillows in the mix
12. Bringing in a little yellow, still mixing pillows
13. Mixing all kinds of materials here, Thom uses this leather bench in his room
14. We went classic with our sofa, a linen roll arm on casters
15. We didn’t go custom work room we chose these linen drapes
16. A sweet little rattan table to set our drinks & periodicals on
17. Pair of vintage cognac leather slipper chairs